May 12, 2012

Benguet: Banaue Rice Terraces

            It all started when I first laid my eyes on the un-glossy and black and white picture of my history book.  This was in primary school.  I was amazed how the terraces was created and maintained and how beautiful it became year after year.







            Backpackers being drown to Baguio City forget to move forward to the North.  Don't take it against me, I don't have against Baguio City.  It is one of my favorite place, during summer, that is. He-he!  Seldom knows the capital of Benguet is not Baguio but La Trinidad and seldom risk to travel up North where La Trinidad and the main province of Benguet is located at, Banaue - the home of Ifugao Rice Terraces. 




              Banaue Rice Terraces is also known as the "Eighth Wonders of the World".  It was also named UNESCO World Heritage Site.  This magnificent site was built more than 2,000 years ago.

          Travelling to the northern part of Benguet may seem risky for some because of the underdeveloped infrastructure that has been shown in web pictures, TV's and magazines but without taking this risk,  I'll miss to see the awesome Ifugao terraces and experience the hospitality of Ifugaonons.


             Banaue offers an opposite picture of the busy atmosphere of the city life.  In this place, you'll definitely lost track of time.  You'll see how magnificent God is for creating such lovely view.  How wonderful Mother Nature is for producing this amazing scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment